MUSTAHABBAAT OF UMRAH
copyright February 2006 (Muharram 1427)
(updated December 2013 - Safar 1435)
- To say the intention of Umrah loudly. (Women will say it softly).
- To say the intention of Umrah in the sitting position after offering the two Rakaats
- To enter the Haram boundary barefooted.
- To enter Makkah during the daytime.
- To enter Makkahtul Mukarramah en-route from Jannatul-Mualla.
- To have Ghusl, (shower or bath), without using scented soap, on reaching Makkah.
- To make the Duaa standing on the first sighting of the Kaabaah.
- To say the Niyyat for the Tawaaf of Umrah before being in line with, (diametrically
opposite), the Hajr-e- Aswad.
- To kiss the Hajr-e-Aswad thrice and to prostrate on it thrice, without inconveniencing
- To move with side-steps after the Niyyat in order to be opposite the Hajr-e-Aswad.
- For males to perform the Tawaaf of Umrah in close proximity of the Kaabaah without
- For females to perform the Tawaaf of Umrah further away from the Kaabaah without
- For females to perform the Tawaaf of Umrah at night.
- To include the slopes at the bottom of the walls of the Kaabaah in the Tawaaf of
- To repeat the Tawaaf of Umrah if performed in a Makrooh manner.
- To cease even permitted conversation during the Tawaaf of Umrah.
- To avoid doing anything that would hamper humble behaviour during the Tawaaf of Umrah.
- To supplicate and make Zikr softly in the Tawaafof Umrah.
- To take short steps during the Tawaaf of Umrah.
- To make those supplications in this Tawaaf known to have been made by Prophet Muhammad
- To perform Istilaam of the Rukn-e-Yamani without inconveniencing others.
- To avoid gazing at anything or anyone during this Tawaaf which could divert the heart
- To recite Sura Kaa’firoon and Sura Ikhlaas in the two Rakaats of Waajeebut Tawaaf.
- To make Duaa at the Multazam.
- To recite the Duaa of Hazrat Adam (A. S.) at the Multazam.
- To go to the well of Zam-Zam to make Duaa and drink water.
- To perform the ninth Istilaam before commencing the Sa'ee of Umrah.
- To come out of Babus Safaa before commencing this Sa’ee.
- To purify oneself from Haidh/Nifaas or Janaabat before commencing the Sa’ee of Umrah.
- To make intention for the Sa’ee of Umrah.
- To pause for sometime at Safaa and Marwa for Duaa and Zikr.
- To repeat the Sa’ee of Umrah if an unnecessary delay takes place in-between the circuits
of this Sa'ee.
- To make supplications and Zikr very humbly in this Sa’ee.
- To perform two Rakaats Nafl Salaat by the Mataaf after completing the Sa'ee of Umrah.
- To carry Zam Zam water to one’s home and country.
- To perform Umrah more than once in a lifetime.
- To go inside the Kaabaah without inconveniencing others.
Back | Top | Next