MAKROOHAAT OF UMRAH
copyright February 2006 (Muharram 1427)
(updated December 2013 - Safar 1435)
- To perform Umrah on the 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th or 13th of Zil Hajj.
- To perform Umrah during the months of Hajj by the residents of Makkah.
- To perform Umrah by outsiders who are residing in Makkah before the months of Hajj
and who intend to perform Hajj the same year.
- To recite so loudly during the Tawaaf of Umrah or Sa'ee of Umrah that it disturbs
the concentration of others.
- To chorus, (or sing), in Duaa made by a Mu’allim during the Tawaaf of Umrah.
- To suppress the call of nature during the Tawaaf of Umrah.
- To perform the Tawaaf of Umrah in garments that are not free from minor or major
- To perform the Tawaaf of Umrah in spite of hunger or anger.
- To perform Ramal in all seven circuits of this Tawaaf.
- Without a valid Shar’ee reason, to omit Ramal and/or Idjtibaa in this Tawaaf.
- To raise the hands before reaching diametrically opposite the Hajr-e-Aswad.
- To place the hands as in prayer, or on the belly, or on the neck, while performing
- To touch or kiss any wall or corner of the Kaabaah during this Tawaaf except for
the Hajr-e-Aswad and the Rukne Yemeni.
- During this Tawaaf, to forego the Istilaam of the Hajr-e-Aswad, without a valid Shar’ee
- To stop in the middle of this Tawaaf for Duaa.
- To suspend this Tawaaf unnecessarily.
- To make this Tawaaf during a Khutba.
- To make this Tawaaf when congregational prayers are being observed.
- To grasp the cloth covering the Kaabaah during this Tawaaf.
- To eat, drink, buy or sell during this Tawaaf.
- To talk in vain during this Tawaaf.
- To turn the back or chest towards the Kaabaah during this Tawaaf.
- During this Tawaaf, to recite poetry other than one that has the praises and glory
of Allah, the Almighty.
- To begin this Tawaaf at the time of Iqaamat.
- To raise both the hands to the ears at the time of intention for this Tawaaf without
saying the Takbeer.
- To delay the two Rakaats Waajeebut Tawaaf without a valid Shar’ee reason.
- To perform the two Rakaats Waajeebut Tawaaf, (or any Salaat), with Idjtibaa.
- To perform the two Rakaats Waajeebut Tawaaf outside the Haram.
- To delay the Sa'ee after Tawaaf of Umrah without any valid Shar’ee reason.
- To keep parts of the “aurah” uncovered during Sa’ee of Umrah.
- To give up climbing up to some point at Safa and Marwa.
- To perform voluntary prayers at Marwa.
- For males, to walk slowly between the green lights (=Meelayn), during Sa’ee, without
a valid Shar’ee reason.
- Without a valid Shar’ee reason, to use a conveyance for Sa’ee of Umrah.
- Without a valid Shar’ee reason, to observe long periods in between the circuits of
the Sa’ee of Umrah.
- Without a valid Shar’ee reason, to perform the circuits of this Sa’ee intermittently.
- For men, to shave or trim, less than a quarter of the head in order to be released
from Ihraam of Umrah.
Back | Top